PROJECT – Bluewater Apartments, 19 Bowman Street, South Perth WA
Balcony Repairs and Window Repairs
Perth, Western Australia
Owners of 19 Bowman Street, South Perth
BUSS PROJECT MANAGER
Bluewater Apartments is located in the heart of South Perth comprised of 48 luxury apartments. Each apartment has windows which span the walls of most living areas which are wrapped with a balcony.
Bluewater apartments presented with extensive waterproofing and concrete repair issues throughout the windows and balconies. BUSS was awarded all repair works including all crack repairs, expansion jointing and window sealing before the painting was redone. The scope of works included, the inspection of all joints between the windows and walls and remove and replace all failed joints. BUSS chose to undertake the remediation using a swing stage, given the numerous apartments it was the best option to coordinate access to each of the balconies. The swing stage requires the specialists to have to work at height qualifications to ensure the safety of clients, the general public and themselves.
In particular, the penthouse apartment presented with multiple cracks throughout the concrete panel allowing water to penetrate the roofing of the apartment block.
The repairs involved the complete removal of all skirting tiles, cut out existing cracks with a V blade then reseal the cracks with a flexible sealant to prevent future cracks. After the repair was complete all tiles were replaced.
With such extensive repairs being undertaken, it was vital to maintain high levels of organisation and client coordination. This ensures all concrete repairs and waterproofing were completed and confirmed dry before the contracted painters could commence. Following the repairs to the windows and balcony, BUSS was re-engaged to undergo waterproofing and concrete repairs in the garage ensuing BUSS’ solid relationship with the client.
- Sikaflex PRO – Sikaflex 11FC is a fast curing polyurethane sealant and adhesive with permanent elasticity. It is ideal as an elastic adhesive for both ceiling tiles and window/door frames.
- Parchem Renderoc HB 40 is ready to use concrete reinstatement mortar with good strength gain and long-term durability.
- 903 Epoxy Repair Mortar is a general purpose, epoxy binder system. Optimal use is for combining with fillers and aggregates to produce epoxy mortars of various stabilities.
- Quick assessment and variation turnover
- Working in an elevating working platform (EWP)
- Repeat work with the client due to a solid relationship.