PROJECT – BP Kewdale
BP Kewdale and Bayside
BUSS PROJECT MANAGER
As part of their ongoing maintenance and remedial strategy, BP commenced remedial works to their facility in Kewdale. The existing BP service station and heavy haulage facility presented with concrete cracking, concrete cancer and other damage consistent with the large loads.
BUSS in conjunction with Bayside mobilised to site to inspect the site and then develop a scope of work for repairs.
The scope was presented to the client for approval then BUSS executed the repairs whilst the facility remained operational. This was achieved through the use of extensive traffic management in order to ensure the safety of working staff and also the safe operations of the facility.
BUSS staff undertook the BP Work Place Clearance Group (WPCG) training to ensure safe works for the duration of the project.
The work consisted of:
- a total of 35 concrete repairs.
- Concrete repair using cementitious and epoxy repair mortars.
- Reinforcement using stainless steel to stabilise concrete repairs.
- Joint sealing using high-grade and high-strength sealants.
- No interruptions to the service station operations.
- All concrete repairs were undertaken in high traffic flow areas using BUSS traffic management.
- All concrete repairs were completely waterproofed.
- Parchem Nitomortar 903 is a multi-purpose, epoxy adhesive repair paste. It is mainly used for speedy and permanent patching repairs to concrete structures and repair work to cementitious substrates. It is not permeable to water and is resistance to aggressive chemicals. This product is ideal for emergency repairs to concrete structures and industrial floors in chemical handling and process areas.
- Parchem HB40 is a concrete reinstatement mortar, supplied as a ready to mix blend of dry powders requiring only the site addition of clean water to produce a highly consistent, medium-weight repair mortar. The low water requirement ensures good strength gain and long-term durability.
- Concrete repair executed with no injuries or incidents.
- Safe use of traffic management.
- Existing cracked and damaged concrete repaired with high strength reinforced epoxy repair mortar.