1 Manning Street, Scarborough
Waterproofing, Crack Injection, Tiling & Grouting
The balcony located on the property at 1 Manning Street in Scarborough presented with water ingress issues. The water had penetrated through to the restaurant located on the lower floor.
In late 2016, BUSS was engaged by Tsokos Property to resolve the problem. Upon our investigation it was discovered that the tiles to the balcony were delaminated and the existing waterproofing membrane had failed. Our findings indicated that the water was tracking under the tiles, past the failed waterproofing membrane, saturating the screed, and penetrating through to the slab, resulting in the leaks. BUSS developed a remedial scope of work then undertook the following repairs:
- Tile removal;
- Remove and replace failed waterproofing membrane;
- Undertake spot repairs to existing screed (most re-used as in very good condition);
- Re-tile the area with an exact match tile;
- Apply crack injection to the restaurant below to stop leakage;
- Repaint the ceiling of the restaurant;
- Refurbish the grout to the whole of the deck (using restoration grout); and
- Apply sealant to tiles and grout.
Figure 3: Finished Product
Figure 2: Mid-Works – pavers removed
- Nitofill LV
- Nitofill AP
- Davco Rejuvenation Grout
- Sika Flex Pro
- Sika 560
- All works executed with no disruption to the tenants;
- Grout injection, noisy and dusty works completed after
- Works completed to program and within budget.
1 Manning Street, Scarborough, W.A
GET A QUOTE