PROJECT – 189 Royal Street – Western Facade Remediation
Jones Lang LaSalle on behalf of WA State Government
BUSS PROJECT MANAGER
Located in the centre of East Perth, this charming office building required their external façade to be waterproofed and joints sealed.
To complete the necessary tasks, BUSS was required to perform the work using certified swing stages, elevated work platforms and rope access staff.
The use of swing stage access equipment allowed an increase in output by our staff whilst our IRATA trained (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association) Rope Access staff to allow access to previously inaccessible locations of the building.
BUSS performed thoughtful repairs and remediation of the cladding to improve the performance of the waterproofing on the façade in addition to the aesthetic finish of the structure.
This resulted in a significant improvement to the performance and visual attractiveness of the entire façade, without causing damage through the use of aggressive products or equipment.
BUSS installed a new custom-made silicon extrusion seal and glazing seals to weather-proof each facade to significantly increase the lifespan of the structure and resolve the water ingress issues present on site.
- Tremco Spectrem 1 is a low-modulus, high performing, single part, moisture-curing silicone joint sealant.
- Extruded silicone polymer profiles.
- Certified Swing Stage / EWP / Rope Access.
- Project completed without affecting facility users.
- Safe use of Swing Stage, EWP & rope access.
- Projected completed under time frame.
- Building completely weatherproofed.