Bridge Maintenance Works
Advanteering Civil Engineers, for Main Roads WA
Rivervale / Wattle Grove Link
In September 2020 Advanteering Civil Engineers, acting as Head Contractor for Main Roads WA, awarded BUSS the contract to complete bridge maintenance to Bridge 1137 located in the City of Canning.
The bridge is a 3-span, prestressed reinforced concrete flat slab structure, 42.1m in length and carries four lanes of vehicular traffic over the S.G. Railway.
The BUSS team mobilised to site in November 2020 to complete the following bridge maintenance works:
- Protective treatment to steelwork;
- Compression joint seal;
- Waterproofing membrane to expansion joint; and
- Abutment crack injection.
Fig 2: Establishment of the work site
Fig 3: Set up of the mobile encapsulation system
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- As the bridge is extremely busy during the day, the works were completed at night;
- Works were completed safely with an effective traffic management system in place;
- Works were completed using a mobile encapsulation system to prevent any dust escaping; and
- The works were successfully completed on budget and to the agreed schedule.
Bridge 1137, Rivervale / Wattle Grove Link
GET A QUOTE