Owners of Congress Hall
69 Murray Street, Perth
Congress Hall, located at Murray Street in Perth’s CBD, is a heritage listed building that was constructed in the Inter-War Georgian architectural style in 1929-1930 as part of the Salvation Army Complex. In the early 1990’s, the structure was sold and converted into residential apartments.
In early 2020 the owners of Congress Hall had a structural engineer complete a visual inspection on the state of the suspended slab over carpark 1, to advise on the flexural cracking to the slab soffitt between the carpark columns. Based on the findings of the engineers report, it was determined that structural repairs were required to these identified areas.
In June 2020, BUSS was engaged by the owners to complete the structural strengthening to the main supporting beam of the suspended concrete slab at carpark 1. The work scope included the surface preparation and installation of 8 strips of Sika Carbodur – Type S1012 – to the affected area and, so as to ensure structural strength of the supporting columns and to reduce the punch shear issue, steel collars were installed to the top of two of the columns.
Fig 2: Installation of Carbodur S strips
Fig 3: Steel collar (painted) installed at top of column
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Sika Carbodur S is a high strength, lightweight and non-corrosive product which has exceptional fatigue resistance;
- Works were completed with minimal diruption to the building; and
- The works were successfully completed on schedule and to budget.
Congress Hall, 69 Murray St, Perth
GET A QUOTE