Facade and Walkway Repairs
Council of Owners
Stromness Apartments, located in the affluent western suburb of Mosman Park, is a 6-storey residential complex comprised of 36 units. In late 2019, the Chairperson for the Council of Owners, contacted BUSS to provide a quotation for remedial maintenance works to the façade and walkways
BUSS was invited to attend site to inspect the structure, in particular the areas of concern which included the walkway surfaces, walkway walls at the eastern block and the western wall of the western block. BUSS provided the Council of Owners with a quotation to complete the remedial works.
In 2020, BUSS was awarded the contract to complete the works which included:
- Repair and repaint 5 walkway upstands.
- Replace corroded rebar under 13 windows.
- Remove and replace waterproofing membrane to walkways at 5 levels.
- Paint the lintels above 10 windows.
- Replace the gutter and downpipes in 3 areas.
- Paint 24 m²of eaves.
- Concrete repair and painting to 15 balcony upstands.
- Brickwork repairs to Units 1, 2 and 3; and
- Repointing to 10m².
Fig 1: Remedial works to the balcony upstands in progress
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Works completed while complex occupied but with minimum disruption to residents
- Works were successfully completed on schedule and to budget.
Cnr of Monument ad St Leonards St, Mosman Park Perth, WA
GET A QUOTE