The Terrace Hotel
Facade Remedial Works
Brookfield Properties / Hawaiian
237 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA
Built in 2011, the Terrace Hotel is a relatively modern reinforced concrete structure that was integrated with the state heritage listed St George’s House (originally named Bishop’s Grove), which was built in 1892 by the Anglican Church. The Terrace Hotel comprises a boutique hotel with 12 luxury rooms and 3 suites, and is located in the heart of the west end of Perth’s CBD.
In March 2020 BUSS Group was awarded the contract to complete remedial works to the Terrace Hotel. The work scope included the following:
- Demolition and reconstruction of the 4-storey hotel façade structure;
- Application of waterproofing membrane system to the new façade;
- Refurbishment to windows and resealing;
- Modifications to parapet, in order to sustain routine industrial rope access, required for cleaning and maintenance works in future;
- Façade water testing to standard AAMA501.2-03;
- Replacement of the roof awning sheeting system; and
- Refurbishment of the box gutter.
Fig 2: Access system installed & structural assessment undertaken
Fig 3: Installation of new insulation & sarking
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- A specialised scaffolding and swing stage system was constructed to access the façade;
- A custom engineered rail system was designed and constructed to allow for the mounting of decorative aluminium privacy screens; and
- The works were successfully completed within budget and to the agreed schedule.
Terrace Hotel, 237 St Georges Terrace, Perth
GET A QUOTE